Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Awesome Things" - Blogging inspired by a Blog

I appreciate the small and random things in life.  So, it is easy to see why the following blog is entertains me:
http://1000awesomethings.com/

Today my "awesome thing" is customer service providers who don't suck (sorry for using that word, but "sucking" is probably the nicest way I can describe most service providers...anyone ever talked to Comcast on the phone?).

About two months ago, I had unknowingly been flying through EZPass lanes, while my EZPass sat velcroed to my windshield doing nothing.  It wasn't until my friend and I were on our way downtown (my first night out since having the baby!), that I realized the EZPass wasn't working.  It's always a good feeling when the green light doesn't flash and you're forced to put the car in reverse, pull into a different lane, and scrounge up enough cash to pay the toll operator.

Last week the toll violations started rolling in!  I've never seen so many pictures of the back of my car.  Today, I bit the bullet and decided to call EZPass.  I'll save you the details, but it was my fault that the EZPass did not work.  I was ready to fork over the money when the customer service representative told me that since I didn't realize I was running the tolls, she would waive all the fines.

So, thank you to EZPass for my "awesome thing".  Did I mention my wait time on the phone was less than thirty seconds?  Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moral of the story, make sure you have change when going on adventures where tolls are involved; or maybe not, because it could result into an awesome blog post.

    ReplyDelete