Thursday, June 9, 2011

Iguana Castles

While I was pregnant, I googled the weirdest things.  When I looked at my google history, I always wondered what people would think of me if they were using my computer and stumbled upon things I had searched.  Now that I'm not pregnant and am googling slightly less odd things, I thought I would share my last five googles....

Castle ABC
My husband, Ethan, gets really into TV shows.  If you have spoken with him recently, you've probably heard about Veronica Mars, Psych, Friday Night Lights, Royal Pains, or maybe even Game of Thrones (which will be the next obsession).  Last night, we watched the season finale of Castle and Kate Beckett was shot at the end of the show!  I had to google it to make sure that it was not the series finale.  According to google, it looks like Kate Beckett will probably survive the gun shot and Castle will be around for another season.  Phew!

Diverticulitis
Lately, lettuce has become my arch enemy.  Every time I eat it, I get a sharp pain in my stomach that lasts for hours.  After my mom threw out diverticulitis as an option, I decided to google it.  Since the pain is not in my lower abdomen and I am not over 40,  I don't think I'm a victim of Diverticulitis (or Diverticulosis...thanks, google!).

English Boodle
I am obsessed with my English Bulldog, Fiona.  My mom is obsessed with her Toy Poodle, Lucy.  Naturally, while sitting around the table the other day, the topic of a Bulldog / Poodle mix came up in conversation.  I immediately thought of a Bulldog with an Afro.  Unfortunately, the mix is not exactly what I pictured.  Fortunately, it is still cute!


Loud Noise and Babies
I am typically a pretty laid back mom.  I probably don't worry about things as much as I should.  I took Baby Ethan on a plane when he was three weeks old.  In retrospect, his immune system probably wasn't up for that trip yet (but he didn't get sick!).  I also like exposing him to new social situations (aka drinking establishments when we are on vacation).  However, when we went into Sloppy Joe's, my mommy instincts kicked in.  It was too loud.  Just as I read that babies should not be exposed to things over 90 decibels, Baby Ethan started to cry.  I got out of my chair to stroll him outside, but my dad was even quicker than I was!  He had Baby Ethan in his arms outside in seconds.  I guess his SamPa instincts kicked in.  He met another baby out of the street who was also escaping the Sloppy Joe's volume.  It was his first date.


How long can an iguana stay underwater?
Did you know that an iguana can stay underwater for 28.7 minutes?  I found out after a five foot long iguana took a swan dive over my mom and sister's boyfriend and into a pool.  As it turns out, my mom can get out of a pool very quickly.  I love Key West.

No comments:

Post a Comment