Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cute and Fun with a Scratchy Tongue

Today has not been the easiest day.  I was randomly hungover after splitting a bottle of wine with my sister last night.  Also, Baby Ethan was off of his normal nap scheduled.  These two things are a killer combination.  As I count down the minutes until Big Ethan gets home, I will reflect on three funny thoughts that I had today.

I have probably said this to all four of you who read my blog, but I hate the pretzels in chex mix.  As I sat in bed shoving the 100 calorie chex mix pack into my mouth (wishing it were a cheeseburger), I was pretty pissed off.  The bag was mostly pretzel.  What a rip-off.

As I was waiting for Baby Ethan to take a nap, we played with a new toy.  It's a cube that has an animal on each side: a horse, a cat, a dog, a cow, a sheep, and a duck.  When you press the animal, it says what it is, makes the animal noise, and then sings a song.  I think we should all quit our jobs and become song writers for kid's toys.  The songs are creepy and ridiculous.  The following is what I heard all morning:  "Cat.  Meow.  I'm a cat and I have soft fur.  I am cute and fun with a scratchy tongue.  When I'm happy, hear me Purrrr!"



Finally, nap time arrived and I crawled into bed wearing my comfy Kermit the Frog shirt.  I fell asleep quickly and woke up quickly to Fiona howling like a werewolf.  I have never heard the dog howl before in my life.  It made me wonder if she's been watching season three of True Blood (the season with the werewolves) with me and Big Ethan.

Baby crying again.  Time to go!  "Cow.  Moooo.  I'm a cow.  I'm black and white.  I like to eat grass all day and night because I'm a cow...and how!"

No comments:

Post a Comment