Monday, February 27, 2012

Worse than a Dirty Baby

As I sit here with the remote resting on my five month pregnant stomach, sharing Baskin-Robbins Cookie Dough Ice Cream with my cat, Noel...I am reflecting on the baby things I should and shouldn't have purchased when I was pregnant with Little Ethan.  I will be a more educated Mommy this time around!
Things I thought were weird and stupid before I had a baby, but now I know better:
  • Nuby Snack Keeper:  Apparently, babies like to throw food....and sometimes family members even encourage their throwing by cracking up at the action.  Nuby Snack Keepers allow solid food snackers to reach into the bowl and grab their own snacks without dumping the whole bowl over.  The result - no more spills or throws and no more giggling family members.
  • Munchkin Dishwasher Basket: When you're a mommy, bottles and bottle accessories become your calling card.  I leave something almost everywhere I go.  Therefore, I am always short on bottles.  Until I got the dishwasher basket, I also lost a lot of bottles and accessories to the heating element in my dishwasher.  A good life lesson - a melted nipple is never a good thing.
Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket - Green - 14301g

Things I will not purchase this time around or for any of the bazillion pregnant friends I have:
  • Shopping Cart Protectors: This is a completely personal opinion.  I know people that use them and love them.  Personally, I have enough to carry - a baby, a diaper bag (stocked with diapers, wipes, toys, sippy cups, bottles, my wallet, my keys, the baby's toy keys, etc.)  I cannot imagine one more thing to wrestle with while walking into a store.
  • Baby Towels:  They are the same thing as washcloths.  Now I have a million washcloths with monkeys and whales on them.  I literally have enough to do multiple loads of laundry composed of only baby towels.  In my house, many of them are now expensive cleaning rags.
  • Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo: It smells worse than a dirty baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment