Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Apology to Geese

As I drove to meet two friends for lunch with Baby Ethan crying in the backseat, I multi-tasked.  I had gotten myself and the baby out of the house in fifteen minutes.  The baby looked cute in his giraffe overalls and lime green shirt.  I hadn't showered and felt a sense of accomplishment for remembering to brush my teeth.

As Ethan quited down, I reached for my blush and started to apply my make-up.  Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a bunch (a gaggle!) of geese by the side of the road.  There were tons of goose babies (goslings!) too.  I was instantly afraid that someone would hit them and wondered what kind of mother goose would take her babies by the side of the road.  As I judged the mother geese, I realized the irony.  I was putting on make-up while driving with my baby in the backseat.  What kind of person mother would take her eyes off the road to put on make-up?

I would like to formally apologize to geesekind for being so quick to judge and thank them for teaching me a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment