Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why a blog?

I hate giving into to trends, but I have decided to start a blog.  In college, I majored in English Literature and considered doing a double concentration - Literature and Creative Writing.  I drank beer instead of taking the extra class.  Yum, Nattie!  I think it was a good choice considering an extra Creative Writing class wasn't going to help me bring in the big bucks (because English Majors typically bring in the big bucks).

Anyway, I have always loved to write and now seems like a good time in my life to pick it up again.  I am a mommy to a hilarious three month old, who I love.  I have recently gone from working 40 hours a week to 10 hours a week at a job that has been my primary focus and sense of accomplishment for the past 5 years.  With all this change, I think it will be nice to set aside some time to reflect and do something I enjoy.

I will be writing about anything that strikes me as funny.  Over the past few years, I have said, "I wish I had a blog so I could write about this" multiple times - like the day I drove to the ENT for vertigo and my GPS took me on the exit, then off the exit, then on the exit, then off the exit....you can see how helpful that was.  When I finally got the office, I stepped out of my car, only to be greeted by a soggy used Elmo diaper under my foot.  When I walked in, my doctor had a surgery that ran late and I had to reschedule.  I need a blog so I can write about these dirty diaper days!

No comments:

Post a Comment