Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Formula for Mishaps

Sometimes I feel like my life has become a series of mishaps.  I guess I asked for it with the entourage I currently hang with - Blue and Fiona (two insane "used" dogs), Noel (in cancer remission), and Little Ethan (proud owner of two new teeth).  I have to find the humor in the mishaps so I don't go insane.  Here is a recap of my last 24 hours.

After finding that Blue had gotten his head stuck in the kitty door and then ripped it out of the wall, I needed a break.



I left Big Ethan with the baby and tried to find some alone time on the back porch.  Unfortunately, Little Ethan did not think this was the best idea, so he repeatedly walked into the door to try and get to me.



I was extremely happy when I finally fell asleep and dreamt that I was back in college (in the dream my only worry was what drinking establishment I was going to attend that evening).  Unfortunately, I woke up to a baby crying and the mayhem started again.  I asked Big Ethan if he wanted to get the baby or the bottle.  His reply was, "Can't I get a break at some point?".  I wanted to slap him, but resisted the urge and went downstairs for a bottle.

The beginning of the morning was typical - bottle, baby food, Today Show, walk, nap.  I put Little Ethan down in his crib and headed for the shower (this is the best time to shower because you can't hear the crying).

I walked out of the shower and noticed that neither of the dogs came up to try and lick me (like they usually do as soon as I get out...gross).  That's when I heard strange noises coming from my office.  I threw on my bathrobe to go check out the situation.  Fiona and Blue had gone into my purse (aka diaper bag) and taken out the Little Ethan's formula.  They then opened the formula and ate it all.  They looked like guilty cocaine addicts.

Fiona is now napping and Blue is still looking for food.  What will the rest of the day bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment