Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rejected, but not Dejected

This has been an interesting week.  I woke up at 5:00 AM Monday morning (thanks, time change!) to an insanely stuffed up baby with a nasty sounding cough.  I was on the phone with the pediatrician by 7:15 AM and in the sick waiting room with my mother, who is recovering from bronchitis, by 8:50 AM.  The diagnosis was double ear infection and upper respiratory infection.  Let the antibiotics and florastor begin!

Last night, I noticed a rattling in Little Ethan's chest and immediately freaked out that he had bronchitis.  My awesome pediatrician saw me this morning at 8:00 and told me that he still had a nasty sinus infection, but no bronchitis...phew!  Crisis averted...

Or so I thought.  After the pediatrician, my mom met me at Firestone.  I dropped off my car for its annual inspection.  I was shocked when I received the phone call saying my car did not pass.  The Firestone employee gave me a laundry list of things I needed to fix and an estimate of over $600 to fix the bare minimum.

Tomorrow, I will be getting a second opinion!  I went to pick up my car and they told me they would drive it out in ten minutes.  Twenty minutes later, a random guy walked out and told me they accidentally broke the tire sensor on my car.  It only took them forty minutes to replace this.  All of this was happening while my mom and little guy were waiting for me at the grocery store.

As I got into my car with my brand new REJECTED sticker on the windshield, my mom told me that she would pick up the groceries I needed and drop them and the baby off at my house.  My mom made my day.

Despite the early morning, bronchitis scare, inspection failure, and broken tire sensor, I have had a good day.  It was a good day because of my helpful mom and sweet little boy.  There were a few times today that I caught myself really enjoying being a mom.  In my hectic life, I don't always take time to appreciate how lucky I am.  Little Ethan's new top tooth, our very first game of catch, and his love of hugs is what I will remember about today.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment