Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Bonus in the Bag

I am loyal to my brands.  I like McDonald's (not Burger King), Coke (not Pepsi), Ford trucks (not Chevy), and ANHEUSER-BUSCH (not even going to dignify competitors by typing their names). 

Recently, while vacationing with another couple, one of our random conversations went the McDonald's route.  Our friend claimed that McDonald's purposely added extra fries to its customers' bags.  I've been thinking about it ever since.  If they do, I think it's genius.  Who doesn't want a couple extra fries - something small like that can turn your whole day around.
I decided to do some market research and went to McDonald's.  I ordered a cheeseburger, small fry, and small Diet Coke (not Pepsi...one of the reasons I like McDonald's).  On a side note, this is only 530 calories (basically no nutritional value, but an awesome fast food lunch).  I got my bag and looked for my extra surprise.  To my disappointment, there were no rogue french fries in the bottom of the bag.

After my extra fry failure, I turned to google.  I could not find any articles stating that they purposely put the extra fries in the bag.  However, there are at least 7,960 people that "like" finding extra fries in the bag on Facebook.  There are even 400 Facebookers who dislike when there are no extra fries. 

My conclusion is that if they're not doing it on purpose, they should start.  I am crossing my fingers that my next Mickey D's trip will include the extra fries at the bottom of my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment