Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fiona and the Werecat

Another post about my recent googles.  Honestly, it is the best way to recap what I have been thinking about....

Werepanther
I feel like I have mentioned True Blood way too many times already.  For all that do not watch it, it is not a good show.  It's inappropriate and the acting is pretty awful.  However, the show sucks (no pun intended) you in because it makes you wonder what kind of supernatural creature each new character will turn out to be.  Crystal is a werepanther.  Did the author of the Sookie Stackhouse novels just start to make creatures up when she ran out of weird things?  Apparently not.  Werecat myths originally began in India, but are still around today.  Some South American countries believe that werejaguars are working for the government as assassins (no, I am not kidding).  Most importantly, the villain in She-Ra, aka Catra, was a werepanther - I should have remembered that!

Dry Eye
We have an English Bulldog named Fiona.  One of the first questions people ask when they see her is, "I hear bulldogs have a lot of health issues - is that true?".  No used to be my answer.  Come to find out, Fiona has a condition called dry eye.  Basically, she does not produce enough tears, so we have to give her eye drops daily to compensate.  On top of the dry eye, she has now developed some hot spots.  These are the medications Fiona has had today: Prednisone (for itching), Antibiotics (in case her hot spots are caused by an infection), and Propylene Glycol (for her eyes).  So, yes bulldogs have health issues.  It's just a matter of time before something shows up.  Luckily, their goofy personalities make up for it.



When do you stop burping a baby?
Baby Ethan is a professional sitter upper.  Since that started happening, he seems to be burping all by himself.  It is weird that I experience pride over things like sitting and burping.  I googled because I didn't want to neglect my little guy by not burping him anymore.  I got the very specific answer of between four and nine months.  I guess I'll just keep burping him for now - anything to keep him seeming more like a baby.  He is growing up too fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment