Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A New Kind of Stranger Danger.

If you don't already know this, women are competitive.  Add a baby into the mix and it gets a little crazy.  Luckily, my friends are not like this.  However, strangers with babies are another story. 

To be honest, I can't go anywhere without a stranger mistaking my nine month old for a one year old.  When they realize he is nine months old, they inevitably ask me if he is walking.  My reply is "no" and then they say something like, "My child walked all over the place by the time he was eight months old.  Don't worry about your baby.  Each child develops at their own pace".  They may as well tell me that my child is slow.  The next comment from the stranger is, "He must be crawling all over the place!".  My reply is another "no".  Then they look concerned.

I don't know many adults who never learned to crawl or walk, so I'm not that worried about it.

Dear strangers who like to tell me how their baby knows sign language, walked out of the womb, and said his/her first word at three months....congratulations.  I'm sure my 23 pound nine month old will turn out just fine.


My baby can stand with the aid of a chair!  Can yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment