Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Prison Hats and Sparkly Wigs

Must write quickly, nap time is almost over! My husband, Ethan, will be turning twenty-nine on Friday and my family will be celebrating his birthday on Saturday. I am currently working on preparations for the party and have been thinking/laughing a lot about my family's random birthday tradition.

We love seeing each other look ridiculous. Each birthday, we have some sort of theme and everyone MUST wear the hat/garment/accessory provided. One year for my brother's (Sammy) birthday, the theme was jail. All of us wore prison hats and temporary tattoos. We ate handcuffed to each other. Yes, handcuffed to each other. It was not easy.


My sister's (Kelly) last birthday was a loco fiesta!



One of our latest themes was doo rags. Even Little Ethan was required to participate.


I can't put my finger on when this weirdness started, but it has definetely ramped up the older we have gotten. I look forward to every birthday party just to see what the next hat will be. Let's be honest - there is nothing better than drinking a Nattie out of Waterford while wearing a cowboy hat or sparkly wig.

Stay tuned for pictures from this Saturday. Thank goodness I have a big family - we get to do birthdays pretty often!

No comments:

Post a Comment