Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Wicked Awesome Party...Woof.

I would consider this weekend (specifically yesterday) a success!  We saw Wicked on Friday and I pulled off a quasi-surprise party for my husband on Saturday thanks to our amazing friends.  Today, our little family spent the day in bed watching the worst movies ever made (National Treasure, XXX, and, Transformers).

I always enjoy seeing musicals, but the most comical part of going to Wicked was an interaction my husband had with a former classmate.  During intermission, one of Ethan's high school friends came up to say hi.  Ethan then turned to the classmate's date and said, "Soon you're going to be Mrs. McGeorge, right?"  She looked annoyed and said "No."  After some small talk, we went to the restroom.  While Ethan was in the bathroom, he recounted the awkward event to my brother.  Little did he know, the classmate was standing right behind him listening to the whole thing.  My husband may be the most awkward human being alive.

We had a pretty good crowd to help us celebrate Ethan's 29th.  Ethan thought that it was just going to be a family afair, but another twenty people randomly wandered into the party throughout the evening.  The theme of the evening was "dogs", which was not a far stretch from our every day lives with Fiona and Blue.  However, my child may be having nightmares right now about his whole family transforming into dogs.


He was ok with the dogs ears, but when we put on the noses he was TERRIFIED.  The noses stayed off  until bed time and then made a reapparance after a few more beers. 

Besides learning that Little Ethan is terrified of fake dog noses, I also learned that I do not drink enough wine.  I offered a friend a glass of wine and then went to open the bottle.  The cork screw didn't feel quite right when I was trying to open the bottle, but I kept twisting any way.  I then "uncorked" it, only to find out that it was a twist off...there was no cork and I successfully screwed through an aluminum cap in front of a group of people.  Oops.  Ethan may have some competition for the title of most awkward human being alive.

A special thanks to our friends and family who put up with our awkwardness and came to celebrate with us.  We are very lucky to have such awesome people in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment